Math Nation for Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2
Math Nation integrates technology with proven learning techniques to help every student unlock their math potential in Algebra 1 and Geometry.
Math Nation offers six key features for Michigan Algebra 1 and Geometry students, families, and educators:
Content videos cover everything students need to know to master Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2. Our videos use examples and practice problems that connect math to students’ daily lives. Plus, students can choose different tutors to find the right pace and style for them!
Students receive their own consumable course workbooks to complement the videos. Students can write in the workbooks and take them home! Practice workbooks are also available as an additional resource. See more information here!
At the end of each section and topic, students can use the interactive Test Yourself! and Check Your Understanding tools, which feature over 500 practice questions to check their knowledge, get instant feedback, and explore resources that fill in the gaps. Teachers can also create their own practice and assessments using our assessment generator tool, EdgeXL, and assign them to students digitally or in print.
Our interactive Algebra 1 and Geometry Math Walls give students the opportunity to reinforce their skills and get help at night and on the weekends from Study Experts, teachers, and peers.
Math Nation is for teachers, too! The Teacher Area provides a forum where teachers can work together, plus comprehensive lesson plans and additional resources that align with the videos and workbook. Teachers can also keep track of their students’ work with usage and progress reports.
On-Ramp to Algebra 1 and On-Ramp to 6th Grade
Math Nation’s On-Ramp Tools use adaptive learning technology to diagnose and remediate specific gaps in foundational elementary and pre-algebra concepts. Students complete the Start-Up diagnostic assessment and are placed in their own personalized learning path that allows for flexible remediation and acceleration opportunities, available anywhere at any time.
Math Nation helps teachers differentiate and individualize instruction to meet students’ unique learning needs, speeds, and preferences.
Whether students require additional support with the basics or crave the freedom to jump ahead to more complex topics, Math Nation’s videos and workbooks make it easy for teachers to facilitate students’ learning at their own pace.
From the moment students log in to Math Nation, they’ll find an extensive library of resources to choose from, so they can always get the help they need.
Educators and students alike will find helpful tools and materials to make math easier, including:
- The option to assign videos to students based on their learning needs, so they can progress asynchronously through their courses.
- Study Experts in our videos cover the same material at different speeds and with different styles, so teachers can make sure each student can learn in a way that works for them.
- The Test Yourself! And Check Your Understanding Practice Tools at the end of each section quiz students and provide instant results and personalized feedback, so students can address gaps in their understanding without having to relearn the skills they have already mastered.
- EdgeXL Practice and Assessment Generator Tool designed just for teachers to create their own practice and assessments and assign them to their students digitally or in print.
- Personalized, real-time feedback from a learning community of teachers, tutors, and peers on the Student Walls.
- Teacher collaboration on The Teacher Wall allows educators from across the state to engage in professional dialogue and exchange best practices from the convenience of their schools and homes.
Math Nation empowers teachers to be true instructional leaders, facilitating highly personalized learning and improving student engagement and achievement as a result!
Read more about Math Nation’s impact and the research that informs our model.