Math Nation for 6-8th Grade Math
Math Nation is a comprehensive, interactive math learning tool that helps every student unlock their math potential in 6-8th Grade Math. Math Nation for 6-8th Grade Math is an enhanced version of the Open Up Resources (authored by Illustrative Mathematics) curriculum which is top-rated on EdReports.com.
Math Nation’s resources are available on-demand, online, and on our app, so students can learn anytime, anywhere. Math Nation offers five key features for students, families, and educators:
Content videos led by real, on-screen virtual co-teachers — or Study Experts, as we like to call them — cover everything students need to know to master 6-8th Grade Math! Our 6-8th Grade Math curriculum videos cover warm-ups, activities, and practice problems for each lesson so students can always get the help they need.
Students receive their own full-color, two-volume consumable workbook featuring student learning targets, warm-ups, exploration activities, lesson summaries, and practice problems. Students can write in the workbooks as they work in class, follow along with the videos outside of class, and take them home for more practice! See more information here.
At the end of each unit and lesson, students can use the interactive Test Yourself! and Check Your Understanding tools, which feature over 500 practice questions, to check their knowledge, get instant feedback, and explore resources that fill in the gaps. Teachers can also create their own practice and assessments using our assessment generator tool, EdgeXL, and assign them to students digitally or in print.
Math Nation is for teachers, too! The Teacher Area provides a forum where Michigan teachers can work together, plus comprehensive lesson plans and additional resources that align with the videos and workbook. Teachers and administrators can also keep track of their students’ work with our robust usage and progress reporting tools.
On-Ramp to Algebra 1 and On-Ramp to 6th Grade
Math Nation’s On-Ramp Tools use adaptive learning technology to diagnose and remediate specific gaps in foundational elementary and pre-algebra concepts. Students complete the Start-Up diagnostic assessment and are placed in their own personalized learning path that allows for flexible remediation and acceleration opportunities available anywhere at any time.
From the moment students log in to Math Nation, they’ll find an extensive library of resources to choose from, so they can always get the help they need.
Whether students require additional support with the basics or crave the freedom to jump ahead to more complex topics, Math Nation’s videos and workbooks make it easy for teachers to facilitate students’ learning at their own pace.
Educators and students alike will find helpful tools and materials to make math easier, including:
- The option to assign videos to students based on their learning needs, so they can progress asynchronously through their courses.
- On-screen virtual co-teachers (Study Experts) to engage students and guide them through every concept in 6-8th Grade Math.
- The Test Yourself! And Check Your Understanding Practice Tools at the end of each section quiz students and provide instant results and personalized feedback, so students can address gaps in their understanding without having to re-learn the skills they have already mastered.
- EdgeXL Practice and Assessment Generator Tool, designed just for teachers to create their own practice and assessments and assign them to their students digitally or in print.
- Teacher collaboration on The Teacher Wall allows Michigan educators from across the state to engage in professional dialogue and exchange best practices from the convenience of their schools and homes.
- Comprehensive Teacher-Specific Resources including lesson plans, additional resources, and professional learning opportunities.
Math Nation empowers teachers to be true instructional leaders, facilitating highly personalized learning and improving student engagement and achievement as a result!
Read more about Math Nation’s impact and the research that informs our model.